Personal injury law applies to an injury caused to a person due to intentional and reckless insensitive behavior of another person or entity. Usually, personal injury cases are based on the principle of negligence. Certain accidents and injuries are unavoidable and are the result of destiny and circumstances. But in some cases, by taking precautions and care if any such incidence can be avoided, then it becomes the sole responsibility of the concerned person or authority that due to their negligence, the injury is caused to someone innocent. injury law firm specialize in preparing a winning defense and helps in getting the victim the legal remedies and compensation as per the law. In case you or any of your loved ones have unfortunately been victimized by such injury or trouble, do visit www.Lawdepot.com and review the list of various law firms offering this specialized legal assistance in the country.
List of injuries covered under the personal injury law are:
1. Automobile accidents
2. Slipping or falling due to unsafe conditions in and around the property and premises of the entity
3. Construction site accidents, where the security and liability of the construction workers solely lay on the construction or real estate company.
4. Death or injury caused due to medical negligence and malpractices usually taking place in a hospital and medical institutes.
5. Wrongful intention, assaults, and actions which cause major injury or in certain cases death
6. Misconduct and behavior by social welfare communities like police, public transport, firefighting agency.
7. Apart from the physical injuries, harm caused to reputation and mental stress arising from such grave situations are also covered under personal injury law.
8. Health hazard caused for individual living around or working in manufacturing organizations where hazardous products are manufactured. Also, any harm or danger caused to the health and life of consumers after buying or consuming defective or expired material sold my supermarkets, retailer, and shopkeepers.
In any of the above cases, if the negligence and bad intention is identified and proved, the defendant has to compensate the plaintiff for any monetary loss of property or medical bills. For certain damages like metal stress and exploitation caused, a detailed case with testimonies of the party involved is needed and accordingly punishment is decided. In certain cases, apart from the defendant, other individuals may also be indirectly involved in the incident. An experienced lawyer will identify and file a lawsuit against these additional parties also to get the victim justice and compensation. Also, there will be situations where the defendant has taken all necessary precautions, but still an accident happens. In such cases, he or she is convicted based on the principle of strict liability. This is related to the risk of involving a person into an activity which could be dangerous like building demolition etc.
Definitely, in cases where the defendant intentionally wants to harm the plaintiff, and with this desire has attacked or caused injury to the petitioner, the punishment is stringent and can attract criminal offense as well.
Certainly, there are certain complexities to personal injury law, which can be best handled by an experienced, specialized attorney. To ensure the judgment in your favor, it is better to hire a personal injury lawyer.